Sant Attar Singh ji was born in 1867 at village Cheema near Sunam in Sangrur . He was a great spiritual saint, seer, social reformer and educationist. He was one of the earliest Indians saints who thought that without imparting education to the people, the progress of the nation could not be possible. People of Mastuana Sahib are grateful to him because he had selected this place as the nucleus of his spiritual and educational adventure. As far back as 1920, he started Akal Degree College & Akal High School. Later Sant Attar Singh Academy, Akal B. Pharmacy College, Akal D. Pharmacy College, Sant Attar Singh Gurmat College, Akal Seed Farm were established. Akal College Council thought of imparting teacher education in the area and started Akal College of Education College in 2005. Within a short span of 8 years, this college has earned name in academic , cultural activities & sports activities.
Teh.& Distt-Sangrur-148001 (Punjab)
letter No.7637/college/GC-1 dated 22-8-2005
No.f.NRC/NCTE/F-3/ PB-144/2005/6596 Dated 26 July, 2005
No.14/91/2004 -3 Edu.1/27616 Dated 29-12-2004
To provide quality education resulting in harmonious development of the pupil teachers and to produce intellectually rich, socially productive, value oriented, civilized and self confident individuals having the values of national character and international understanding.
To empower the future teachers with knowledge and skills.
Following objectives have been formulated by the college in the light of our mission.
1. Academic excellence.
2. Development of global citizens.
3. Promotion of efficiency and dedication.
4. Provision of education free from barriers.
5. Promoting emotionally intelligent individuals.
6. Harmonious development of budding teachers.
The values prevalent in our working environment are expressed by:-
(a) We are fully committed to vision, mission, goals and values of Sant Attar Singh Ji by providing services to society through quality education .
(b) We will continue working towards the mission of producing well disciplined citizens.
(a) Our college team is fully dedicated to the mission of quality education.
(b) Sincere efforts are being made continuously by all to fulfill the vision of Sant Attar Singh Ji.
Innovation and creativity is promoted in every area. The creative ideas and innovative efforts of teachers as well as students are recognized, appreciated and reinforced.
A perfect blend of work culture is present in our college.
Everyone has an inner urge to do his/her work sincerely.
1. To provide platform to pupil teachers to inculcate value of self-confidence.
2. To develop pupil teachers as global citizens with conscience, commitment and dedication.
3. To provide education free from social and religious barriers, suitable to the needs of society.
4. To create positive attitude towards life leading to all round development.
5. To provide self-disciplined citizens having national character and international understanding.
The College has spacious, airy and pollution free environment. The college has sufficient infra-structure needed for the courses. College building is disabled friendly. The college has lush green lawns, 400 mt. track of sports activities. The college has well equipped labs, i.e. Mathematics lab, Science Lab, Psychology Lab, S.St. Lab, Educational Technology Lab, Language Lab, Seminar Hall, and Multipurpose hall.
Facilities:- The college has
1. Anti Ragging cell.
2. Grievance-Redressal cell.
3. Placement Cell.
4. Guidance and Counseling cell
1. Cultural club
2. Literary club
3. Social-Service club
4. Fine-Arts club
1. Rabinder Nath Tagore House
2. Aurbindo Ghosh House
3. Mahatma Gandhi House
4. Vivekanand House
Alumni Association is working efficiently.